There are different kinds of clothes to wear, from those that are worn for the fun of it to those that are worn for their comfort. Clothes may not have a standard form of classification but the non-controversial form is to classify them according to the sex of a person wearing them. In this regard, they can be divided into those that are worn by children of different sexes, and those that are worn by men and women.
There are different kinds of clothes to wear depending upon the material used in making them as well as the features that are found on them. There are clothes that are made out of cotton, polyester, silk, leather, denim, flax, ramie, silk, fur or down. In some instances, depending on the fashion sense, clothes are made from a mixture of materials. Depending upon the area, clothes are either knitted or woven, they can be made from fibers such as cellulose, natural or synthetic or they can be made from skins.
Clothing materials that are used on the different kinds of clothes to wear are so diverse that it may seem like a new kind of material is added every once so often, either to enhance the style on the cloth, to make a fashion statement or for the specific activity that the cloth is intended for. Some materials that are used on the different kinds of clothes, though to a lesser extent include; Lyocell, Rayon, Bamboo, Recycled paper, Tyvek, Soy, PVC, Jute, Hemp and Flannel to mention but a few. In addition, materials such as plastic, wood, metal and bone may used as reinforcements on the said clothing for purposes of stiffening the garments or they can be used as fasteners.
Different kinds of clothes to wear may be categorized according to their use, for example:
– Dresses which are ideally worn by females, although they may find space in a male’s closet. Types of dresses include, ball gowns, unisex dresses, dresses for different cultures and sundresses to mention but a few.
– Jackets depending on a gender such as safari jackets, sport coats, tuxedos, leather jackets, wind breakers, straitjacket, etc.
– Trousers and shorts depending on sex
– Tops, and underwear depending on the person’s sex
– Skirts which not necessary mean that they are worn by only ladies, in some regions men to wear ‘skirts’ for example dhoti for Indians and a kilt for the Scottish.
– Other kinds of clothes to wear include neckwear, ponchos, swimsuits, headgear, armwear, shawls and wraps among others.
Ultimately, the kinds of clothes to wear may depend upon the function to be attended, be it a cocktail party, a sporting event, to attend the beach, a fundraiser or to go to places of worship. In this sense, it would be absurd to find a person going with beach wear clothing to attend a party, unless of course it is a themed beach party. In the same breath, the kind of clothes worn to the bar should ideally not be worn to places of worship.